- I can't wait to have a backyard again so I can just open the back door and let the boys run wild without fear of one getting out of my sight or having to chase one down because he's trying to run far away.
- The sweet lady who cuts our hair, Soo, told Talton when he went to get a haircut recently that her dad is very, very sick. So last week when Connar made cards, we made one especially for her dad. Well we took it to her a few days ago, and she was so touched. She kissed both boys on the head. When I asked her how he was doing, the answer was not good. She said they had to decide soon whether to take him off life support. Normally, I would've taken a picture of Soo with the boys and the card since this was one of those times where I'm trying to teach Connar kindness and empathy for others, but not today. Instead, I walked around the stroller and gave her a big hug. I know she'll have to translate the card for her dad, and honestly, he may never know about the card, but I hope that she shares it with her mom too. I just want them to know that we're thinking of them, and I think that's really important for people to know, even if we don't speak the same language.
- We're in the low 20's of our daily countdown to Tokyo Disney!!!! So stinkin' excited!
- It's. Still. Cold. Ughhhhhhh. My flip flops and shorts miss me.
- Due to the grocery stores here selling brown eggs, that's what we'll be dying this year for our Easter eggs. I'm wondering if they'll end up the same as white eggs if we use the same process or if I need to add something else to it to make them brighter on top of that brown color as a base. Hmmmmm....
- With Talton anticipating more frequent out of country traveling for business in the coming months, he had me practice driving last night since I'll have to get to the grocery store and Costco without him. Please keep me in your prayers. These Busanites (I'm not sure if that's what people from Busan are called, but it sure sounds good and like I've heard it somewhere so we're going with it)...these Busanites are ca-ra-zay drivers. Seriously. I just want to get myself and my two kids to the store safely and back home safely with food in tow. That's not too much to ask, I don't think.
- Remember how I was curious about whether they send you a country eviction notice if you don't renew your Visa on time? Funny thing... They texted Talton saying "your time is a'coming buddy..renew it!" (basically). :) It feels weird to not have possession of our passports at this moment. You have to send them in to have a new Visa sticker placed inside on a passport page, so hopefully they'll send them back very soon.
- The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom around here. I can't wait to see them in full bloom! It only happens once a year and for a short period of time, and we missed it by a month by the time we moved here last year. Needless to say, I've been waiting on this time to roll around again so I can see them in person. One of the best places to view them is right up the street from us. Woo hoo! We'll be putting our walking shoes on soon and setting out to see some beautiful flowers. I love this kind of cultural stuff special to a particular place.
- The refinancing of our house is FINALLY done....like 4 months later. That was a nightmare to take care of from the other side of the world. We're so thankful that it's over and done with. Happy to be saving some money on our monthly mortgage but still so thankful it's done. We will never do that again other than in person.
- Not thinking because this is just how I normally talk, I said "Bye y'all!" to a couple from the U.S. today, and it made them smile and miss their home. I love being from Texas!